42nd Annual Art Exhibition and Sale
California Images & History
April 27, 28 & 29, 2018
Civic Center Plaza, 245 E. Bonita Ave., San Dimas, CA [map]
Urban Art merges with Traditionalism in the San Dimas Festival of Arts 42nd Art Exhibition
California Images & History is gearing up for another sensational display of fine art and sculpture highlighting the broad scenic spectrum and range of terrain encompassing the state of California. This show brings together a diverse collection of artists, mediums and perspectives of California, from mountain to shore, its entertainment, oil and agricultural industries, and its many historic sites and scenes. Come meet the artists, and talk about their inspiration and work. There is something for everybody at The San Dimas Festival of Arts and the public is invited to attend and enjoy the show and sale of fabulous art on display.
There will be artists on location painting throughout the city, special events throughout the weekend, and great art to see and purchase.
The exciting weekend events for the California Images & History Art Exhibition and Sale begin on Friday evening, April 27, with a Premier Opening Reception at 6:00 (reservations required).
Viewing of all the unique and original fine artwork is free of charge and opens on April 27th at 6:00 pm by reservation, and to the public on Saturday, April 28th at 9:00 am; and Sunday, April 29th at 10:00 am.
During the festival, featured artist April Raber will be presenting a seminar entitled Divided Light where she will discuss her work, motivations and working process. Come see April’s interpretive works of urban life, railroads, cell towers and ferris wheels. More details...
To learn more about the Festival of Arts and the 42nd Art Exhibition or to purchase tickets to the Premier Opening Reception and/or the Saturday Awards Dinner, please call (909) 599-5374. The California Images & History show will be held in the Civic Center Plaza, 245 E. Bonita Avenue, San Dimas, CA 91773.
The list of Exhibiting Artists is included in a sidebar to the right.
Scroll down for a Schedule of Events.
For more information, contact us at (909) 599-5374 or via email at
California Images & History
Schedule of Events
Admission is free with the exception of Premier Opening and Awards Dinner.
Parking is always free.
Friday, April 27, 2018
- Plein Air Event: 1:00 am – 4:00 pm (set up at noon)
- Friday Night Premier Opening: 6:00 pm – 9:30 (reservations required)
Saturday, April 28, 2018
- Plein Air Event: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Gallery open: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Trading Post open: 9:00 – 5:00 pm
- Quick Draw: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm, followed by
- Quick Draw Auction: 2:15 pm
- Awards Dinner: 6:00 pm (reservations required)
Sunday, April 29, 2018
- Gallery & Trading Post open: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Seminar by April Raber: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Play with Clay with Richard Myer: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Exhibition Closes: 4:00 pm
* Student art will be displayed in the Richard Meyer Gallery during the main gallery hours.